THE FCE BLOG by Claudia Ceraso

Friday, January 26, 2007

Exam Results

How to Access your Cambridge ESOL Results Online

As announced in this February 2006 edition of Cambridge First magazine, it is now possible for students to know their exam results on the web:

Candidates taking Main Suite (KET, PET, FCE, CAE and CPE) or BEC (Preliminary, Vantage and Higher) exams can now access their results as soon as they are released, using a secure web-based service.

With results available from midnight on the release date, candidates can immediately find out how they have done, wherever they are in the world. This means that candidates studying away from home, on holiday, or far from their exam centre no longer have to wait for results posted from the centre.”

It is important to note that many Cambridge ESOL authorised centres in the world have yet to register to gain access to this service. You should have received notice of this together with the release date with your exam citation.

Here is the URL to access your exam results. Please copy & paste in your browser. (See*Note)

http://www.cambridgeesol-results.org

Bear in mind that the whole world wants to know their results as soon as they are released, so the page is bound to be overcrowded. A little patience will do.

Once you access the site, you will have to register

  • Enter your ID number and secret number (given by your exam centre).
  • Next enter your e-mail address and password that you have to create.
  • Agree to the Terms of Use
  • Check the ‘submit' button

You will then go to the login screen

  • Enter your ID number again and the password you have created
  • Your result will be on the homepage
  • Click the Statement of Result button to see how you have done in each paper

If you want, you can print it to show your family while you wait for the official certificates to arrive.

Next essential steps...

  • You might as well jump for joy at the good news.
  • Text or email all of your friends and/or enemies
  • Come back to the fceblog and let the world know how you did!

(In case the emotion obliterates our URL from your mind, you can enter “fceblog” in Google).



*Note: The URL is not hyperlinked in accordance to the Terms of Use of the Results site which state the following under the section Links:

"3.2. You may not create any hypertext link to the Site (excepting adding a Candidate Results Service page to your browser's Favorites/Bookmark file)."

Accessibility: The site appears hyperlinked in the Cambridge First magazine cited above at the end of the article.


Picture credit: Jonny Baker under a Creative Commons license

.

12 Comments:

  • I got a B, thanks Cambridge, thanks Claudia!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:44 am  

  • I am ever so proud of your B Gilda! You have really worked very hard thoughout the course. Pleasure to have been your teacher.

    Best,

    Claudia

    By Blogger Claudia Ceraso, At 11:47 am  

  • I haven't received the letter with the id name and the secret number...how can I have it?-Giorgia-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:19 am  

  • Georgia,

    I transcribe the message you left in the sidebar chatterbox:

    giorgia: Hi everyone!I'm from Italy,I did my FCE exam in march and I haven't got the results yet..since I'm very curious to know if I have passed it or not how can I see the results online?unluckily I haven't received the letter with id name and secret number..

    My answer:
    Although Cambridge has made it possible to have your exam results available online, not all exam centres around the world are using online means to access the students statements of results. Apparently, this is in gradual adoption at the moment.

    Some centres may probably opt out of the service for reasons of their own. I'm sure Cambridge respects that.

    To know whether you can access your results online, you must contact the place where you sat for the exam and ask them.

    If you haven't received the letter with your id number and secret number together with the exam date details (i.e. before the exam), it is quite probable that your exam centre is not using the Cambridge Results webpage yet.

    Anyway, you must check with them in case that letter did not get to you for some reason.


    So that's my answer Giorgia. I am sure your question is shared by many students. Thank you for pointing it out.

    Hope you come back and let us know how you did.

    By Blogger Claudia Ceraso, At 2:54 pm  

  • They gave me the results today!..I passed it!!with a C...I'm very happy...thank you cambridge!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:20 am  

  • I received the results today....I got a C...PASSED!!!I'm very happy!
    thank you claudia for your answer...I like your blog is very useful!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:23 am  

  • I cannot keep smiling when I read the "thank you Cambridge" bit. If you feel grateful, well, there you go.

    Congratulations on your efforts! I'm sure they played the best part.

    By Blogger Claudia Ceraso, At 10:24 am  

  • I got a C!! Thanks Cambridge!
    I am from Argentina and I have just checked my result. The problem is that I cannot see my statement of result. I have already pressed the bottom to see it, but it goes back to the Result Page. I would now like to see how I did it, what can I do?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:11 pm  

  • Lucila,

    Congratulations!
    Thank you for coming back to share the great news.
    About your question, it's strange. Look around the page, you'll see an option to see the pdf with your statement of results.

    You may always log in again and start all over. Perhaps that solves it.

    Best,
    Claudia

    By Blogger Claudia Ceraso, At 4:19 pm  

  • Hi! Today at night I'll be checking my results! I hope I pass the FCE.
    I'm really nervous!!

    Greetings from Mexico!

    By Blogger Vee, At 9:48 pm  

  • I found your page on the internet because I was looking for the CAE results. What exactly is the ID number? I can't find a number like this with 3 letters and 6 numbers on my papers... I am so curious for the results - would be great if you could help me somehow:)
    Greets, Katrin

    By Anonymous Katrin, At 6:58 pm  

  • @Katrin

    Please contact your exam centre. They will help you to obtain the numbers to access your results.

    @Vee
    I can imagine the anxiety!
    Come back to share the good news or get in touch with us on our Facebook spot:
    I am an FCE Student

    By Blogger Claudia Ceraso, At 11:27 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home